With sincere apologies to the ladies
As primarily former fundamentalist Christians, we’d like to personally apologize for our part in propagating the lie that women are second class citizens and subjected to the rule of men.
- We do not believe that women are cursed and that they are in any way to be ruled by men as a part of that curse.
Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, “I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”
- We do not believe wives are to be submissive to their husbands but they are equal partners.
Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
1 Peter 3:1 Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.
- We acknowledge that there is no hierarchy of God->Christ->Man->Woman as this scripture states. Men and women are equal.
1 Corinthians 11:3 Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
- We acknowledge that women are as intelligent as men and are not required to be submissive to men as this scripture states. We are thankful that the majority of churches ignore the “let women keep silent in the churches” instruction contained in this passage.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35 Let women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
- We acknowledge that there should be no religious restrictions as to how a woman should dress.
1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing.
With sincere apologies,
– The de-Convert (Enter your name here)
p.s. We’d like to encourage all former fundamentalist Christians to join us in apologizing to the ladies for participating in the subjection of women.
Happy International Women’s Day!!!