Jeezus – The American Jesus!

May 31, 2007 at 11:50 pm 17 comments

Click on the comic and maximize for a nice big view:

Jeezus

This cartoon is courtesy of www.thepaincomics.com

For once, I am speechless.

-HeIsSailing

Entry filed under: HeIsSailing. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Apostasy – it’s not just for Christians anymore Who wrote the Bible?

• 1. Simen  |  June 1, 2007 at 7:07 am

I’m guessing “File not found” wasn’t what left you speechless.

• 2. agnosticatheist  |  June 1, 2007 at 7:09 am

Simen,

I kinda liked it :)

• 3. HeIsSailing  |  June 1, 2007 at 7:24 am

Yeah, I put this thing up last night and, like the real Jesus, it keeps miraculously dying and resurrecting.

It mysteriously landed intact in the atheism central tumbler.

• 4. agnosticatheist  |  June 1, 2007 at 8:26 am

They should have made the “nice” Jesus a little happier looking :)

• 5. Agnostic  |  June 1, 2007 at 10:34 am

If you were the “real” Jesus would you be smiling at the American Jesus? ;-)

• 6. brian t  |  June 1, 2007 at 10:45 am

That explains this nagging feeling I get when I see some modern Christians… I wish they would be a bit more Christian. 8)

• 7. agnosticatheist  |  June 1, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Agnostic,

Ok. I now get it :)

aA

• 8. societyvs  |  June 1, 2007 at 2:31 pm

I liked that cartoon – watch out Christians are going to burn down a newspaper building (Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh). Of course we won’t – it’s just a cartoon.

I think it makes a lot of sense and it speaks to the current Nationalizing and Markerting of Jesus in the past 30 years (or more).

• 9. Justin  |  June 1, 2007 at 4:47 pm

haha that is a great comic, and I couldn’t agree more…just like we do with everything, we have successfully “Americanized” Jesus and Christianity

• 10. Steelman  |  June 1, 2007 at 5:08 pm

I’ve been wondering; which denomination has the whitest Jesus? Within just a few days of each other, my house was visited by both the Mormons and the Jehovah’s Witnesses. They both left proselytizing propaganda cards with a picture of Jesus on them. The Mormons’ JC looked like a good, solid mid-western farm raised kind of guy, while the Jehovah’s Witnesses version was more of a Seattle grunge messiah. Personally, I think it’s hard to beat the kitschy, acrylic on black velvet Caucasian Christ I once beheld in a Church of the Nazarene foyer.

• 11. beepbeepitsme  |  June 1, 2007 at 9:55 pm

And there is always the “American Jesus” as sung by Bad Religion

• 12. Mike C  |  June 2, 2007 at 12:32 am

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

• 13. pastorofdisaster  |  June 2, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Nice!

• 14. dragonvale cheats  |  June 19, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It’s the little changes that produce the most important changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

• 15. poptropica cheats  |  June 20, 2014 at 2:02 am

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely excellent.
    I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are
    saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and
    you still care for to keep it wise. I cant wait to read far more from
    you. This is really a terrific site.

• 16. tapped out cheats  |  June 21, 2014 at 2:41 am

Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they just don’t know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out
    the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

• 17. the stomping land game free download  |  June 23, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Aw, this was a very good post. Finding the time and actual effort
    to generate a really good article… but what can I say…
    I hesitate a lot and never seem to get anything done.