Evangelism at Its Best

June 12, 2007 at 7:22 am 5 comments

Related Post: Why Do Christians Try So Hard To Convert Others?

Entry filed under: MysteryOfIniquity. Tags: , , , , , .

Freethinkers will save humanity Modern Christianity: Believe in a loving God in spite of the Bible

5 Comments

• 1. agnosticatheist  |  June 12, 2007 at 11:22 am

MOI,

There are atheist evangelist :) Here is a link to one of the funniest videos I’ve seen on YouTube:

aA

• 2. mysteryofiniquity  |  June 12, 2007 at 11:39 am

aA,

Oh my Goddess! That’s the best one yet. :-)

Doesn’t this guy have a new show on HBO? I think it’s called John Safrin vs. God or something like that. I might have to give it a look.

I predict a good trend here.

• 3. salahudin  |  June 12, 2007 at 4:56 pm

[:D]

• 4. Karen  |  June 12, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Nice! Raises some interesting issues that we don’t often think about. Thanks.

• 5. societyvs  |  June 12, 2007 at 7:42 pm

I think the video is proclaiming a point none of us can disagree – the idea of choice and freedom. I agree with that video – we should all have the right to believe what we want – to a point.

I think that idea the Christian faith is defined by the logic on that video is nice to think is true – for the fundie’s maybe it is – and is the same thing we Christians discuss amongst one another. I am yet to meet a Christian person that does not let me believe what I want (as of yet – again I am only 32) at the threat of death or something – so as far as I can tell – freedom to believe is still there.

There is some hatred out there – for sure – but that’s where Christian people need to stand against that kind of stuff – in regards to interpretation of where this hatred and division comes from – and then put it to bed (talk it out).

The Christian faith is such a ‘talking faith’ which is something I see as a dettriment to the totality of that faith. This is really the big problem with this faith – we think by talking to you that you will be saved – this is somewhat erroneous – since talking is not as much the problem as someone’s actions can be. What is at the root of the Christian faith is the fallacy ‘what we believe’ matters more than ‘what we do’.

Trackback this post