d-C hits 1,000,000 views

February 21, 2009 at 10:20 am 20 comments

200602090020451000000

Well team, it looks like we’ll hit the million mark sometime this weekend ahead of our 2nd Anniversary in March.  This is being achieved without counting the page views of our many contributors since WordPress does not accumulate those views in their statistics.

stumbleuponOf course, we could not have accomplished this without our many visitors who came to d-C via StumbleUpon.

On our busiest day, we saw 13,834 views and it’s an honor to be ranked in Alexa.

Congrats!!!

- The de-Convert

Entry filed under: The de-Convert. Tags: , , , , .

The Gospel Story – Act 3: Future Hope and God’s Wrath My Stumble into Agnosticism

• 1. Yurka  |  February 21, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Please examine yourselves honestly. Do find it necessary to distract yourselves with trivialities like this in order to take your mind off of the implications of your worldview?

• 2. LeoPardus  |  February 21, 2009 at 1:27 pm

To Yurka the jerika:

Please examine yourself honestly. Is it really necessary to swipe away at people with your “love of Jesus” in order to continue to fill your mind with the ugliness of your self view?

• 3. LeoPardus  |  February 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Looks like we’ve had some impact. Good. If it can get people to think and bring them closer to reality, very good.
    More importantly, relative to our purpose, I think this indicates that we are truly ‘being there’ for the many who are going through the difficult process of de-conversion.

• 4. Lucian  |  February 21, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yeah.. You guys are millionaires.. ;-)

• 5. Blue  |  February 21, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Congratulations! This has been a great resource for me and a huge sense of community, knowing that there are other deconverts out there. Thank you all.

Here’s to the next million!

• 6. Anonymous  |  February 21, 2009 at 3:43 pm

“I think this indicates that we are truly ‘being there’ for the many who are going through the difficult process of de-conversion…”

…and avoiding the judgmental, arrogant assertions of people like Yurka who want us to “analyze” our worldview but are completely unwilling to analyze theirs. Gosh I wish Christians would follow the golden rule.

Congrats on 1,000,000 views!

• 7. Josh (guitarstrummr)  |  February 21, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Whoops, posted twice! Dang it!

• 8. onelife2live  |  February 22, 2009 at 12:10 am

Congratulations and many thanks!

I have been lurking here since the beginning and it has been the most helpful resource during the process of my deconversion. I am sure there are many more just like me, who may not be ready to share their own story but benefit greatly from all who have shared their stories and insights here.

• 9. HeIsSailing  |  February 22, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Congratulations de-conversion.com..!!

I do not contribute or even visit this site much anymore, but I was invited to write articles here at a very difficult and transitory time of my spiritual life. Leaving Christianity was a difficult process for me, so thank you to everyone for being here when I needed you. Happy two years and 1 million hits for de-conversion.com..!!

• 10. stellar1  |  February 23, 2009 at 10:42 pm

Wow! How fantastic! Now this is one site that deserves to stick around for another million.

• 11. The Apostate  |  February 24, 2009 at 2:47 am

Whelp, its been a dandy that is for sure.
    Congrats to everyone one, but especially to the many faces that is “The de-Convert” – or whatever he is calling himself this week :D

Yurka aka Fred Phelps, don’t you have some hate crime to commit?

• 12. Prodigal Daughter  |  February 25, 2009 at 1:12 am

CONGRATS! I love reading here but have not commented in a long time.

• 13. mysteryofiniquity  |  February 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Congratulations!! Your site deserves the recognition for being a place to decompress while deconverting, reconverting, or simply ‘verting.’ :-D

• 14. The de-Convert  |  February 25, 2009 at 10:38 pm

Feels like we’re having a reunion of sorts here w/all the original d-C contributors (of which I count for 3, right TA?… but don’t forget you count as 2) :)

Paul

• 15. The Apostate  |  February 26, 2009 at 4:34 am

Only two here, yes. I suppose I might need to catch up before a reunion, eh? Don’t forget that John B. Richardson sometimes shows up as a commenter :P

• 16. mysteryofiniquity  |  February 26, 2009 at 12:18 pm

De-Convert,

I wouldn’t mind posting again, if I can just decide what the *#&# I believe from one day to the next. I’m sure I’ll let you know though! I have my on and off days but certainly off fundie christendom for good. No fundies for me ever again. That I know for damn sure. What a potty mouth I have. :-)

• 17. Zoe  |  February 27, 2009 at 9:19 am

You’ve only been here for two years?
    Feels like forever! :mrgreen:

Well done.

• 18. Luke  |  February 27, 2009 at 1:34 pm

i just emailed y’all and was wondering if i can get a little help from people who have a million views…

i’m presenting a series on creation stories and i was wondering what y’all had in terms of covering creation?

thanks for whatever you’re able to provide!

• 19. Happy 2nd Anniversary d-C! « de-conversion  |  March 2, 2009 at 12:55 am

[...] 1, 2009 To celebrate our 2nd Anniversary, 1,000,000 page views, and 22,000+ comments, I’d like to highlight a few of the images posted on this blog by our [...]

• 20. The de-Convert  |  March 14, 2009 at 10:52 pm