Your almighty deity cannot …

October 21, 2009 at 2:50 pm 42 comments

- Save any of his followers from sickness, disaster, disease, or loss of goods or liberty. And this is despite the screaming, fervent, desperate prayers and pleas of his “beloved children”. (What a great father!)

- Provide his followers with some sensible, logical, convincing, sound, intelligent, ‘non-internally-contradictory information that they can pass on to other humans. (What a great inspirer!)

- Give his church enough unity, sense, inspiration, drive, integrity, or guts to ‘accomplish such good works as to shame people of their slander’, or to ‘withstand the gates of hell’, or to ‘overcome the world’, or to ‘keep the unity of faith’, or to do anything else that he said the church should do. (What a great founder and guide!)

- Do anything. (What a great, all-powerful deity!)

- LeoPardus

Entry filed under: LeoPardus. Tags: , , .

“No God” #1 trending topic on Twitter A Bible Command that Backfires

• 1. kramii  |  October 21, 2009 at 4:13 pm

He can, so! ;-)

• 2. Quester  |  October 21, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I’ve got to concede to kramii his point there. Just because nodeity does these things doesn’t mean no deity can. Perhaps kramii has a potent, indifferent or spiteful deity he can share with us?

Though, to give Leo his due here, there isn’t really a functional difference between someone who doesn’t do something and someone who can’t.

• 3. thewordofme  |  October 22, 2009 at 12:14 am

Hi Mr. Pardus,

I wonder if you would mind if I use one of your paragraphs from this post of yours.
    The one I would like to use is:
    “Give his church enough unity, sense, inspiration, drive, integrity, or guts to ‘accomplish such good works as to shame people of their slander’, or to ‘withstand the gates of hell’, or to ‘overcome the world’, or to ‘keep the unity of faith’, or to do anything else that he said the church should do. (What a great founder and guide!)”

It would be fully attributed and will have a link back to your site.
    My site is: thewordofme.wordpress.com

Thank you for your consideration. By the way I have had you on my blogroll for a couple of years now.

• 4. kramii  |  October 22, 2009 at 4:08 am

@Quester:

I had a point? Sorry. I’ll try not to let that happen again. As sharing my deity with anyone – he’s mine and you are not haviing him ;-)

Al joking aside, Leo P. makes som interesting points. I would suggest that some people’s faith does help them deal with life in a positive way (not true of all, I freely admit) – people entering caring professions etc. Some people view themselves as Gods instrument in such a role. I quite understand why this is not necessarily evidence of a deity, however.

• 5. Quester  |  October 22, 2009 at 4:23 am

Fine, then. :P

And I agree, there are benefits to faith and to religion. Really, almost anything people do will have some good aspects and some bad aspects, just because people are doing them.

• 6. LeoPardus  |  October 22, 2009 at 10:46 am

thewordofme:

Thanks for asking. Go right ahead. FTR, this is a public blog site and folks link stuff from here all the time. So there are no property/copyright claims to worry about.

• 7. Warning!  |  October 22, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Great point, Leo.

As one deconverting I had to wonder:

If I had to prove Christianity and Christianity’s god to someone right now, without a Bible, what could I point to? What does god do today? I really don’t know.

Is that significant? Just wondering…

• 8. societyvs  |  October 22, 2009 at 4:33 pm

“Your almighty deity cannot” (LeoPardus)

But not all people of faith are worried about what God can and cannot do…it’s as suspect as anyone wants to make it be. I am more worries about what we can and will do to one another.

• 9. Quester  |  October 22, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Warning,

I’d call it significant. Realizing that I couldn’t justify, or even outline, the central message of Christianity- with or without a Bible- was one of the largest factors of my deconversion.

• 10. Your God Can’t do …..! « The Word of Me…  |  October 25, 2009 at 2:53 am

[…] Pardus, writing over at the De-Conversion blog Here has a great piece up. He lists (most) all the things that your God CANNOT do, and that’s in […]

• 11. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 12:53 am

I hate to burst your bubble: but God has done, and, is doing, all the things you say he’s not doing or haven’t done.

You’re just not looking in all the right places. Your claims suggest that you have examined all the world’s religions, and have spoken to, and debunked, all those who lives and experiences contradict your claims.

“- Save any of his followers from sickness, disaster, disease, or loss of goods or liberty. ”

Happens everyday. I, myself, have experienced many healings, one of which came while in conversation with God, Himself. You know the one, that mythical entity who heals no one.

“- Heal autoimmune disorders, cancers, genetic defects, paralyzed limbs, lost limbs, dementia, insanity, or even acne. (What a great physician!)”

Well, how about AIDS? Would that be sufficient for you? AIDS has been healed. I won’t say it happens all the time, but enough times to say that it’s not outside of the realm of possibility.

Many of the others that you mentioned are healed often: cancer, certain genetic defects, dementia, insanity, and even acne.

“- Show up and convince, scare, bewilder, or just talk to any person, skeptic or seeker, in order to provide them with something to believe in other than wishful thinking. (What a great communicator!)”

You’re right about one thing: He is a “great communicator.” He talks with people all the time. He talks with me often. He talks to you, too, but, I’m afraid, you’re just not listening: you’re too busy making fun of Him. Not to worry, you can’t hurt His feelings. He can’t be hurt or injured.

“- Write a treatise that provides clear guidance as to what he is like and what he expects of humanity. (What a great author!)”

Yeah, He’s all that: A “great author!” He has written that “treaties,” as you call it. And it was a bestseller, a number one bestseller on bestsellers lists for months. I see you missed it. Not to worry, if you truly wish to find it, and read it, it’ll turn up. I’m just not inclined at the moment to throw pearls your way.

Now, don’t get me wrong: I don’t mean that in a mean way, just being factual, and candid.

“- Manage to inspire his followers with enough sense, love, information, grace, diplomacy, brotherly love, or humility to keep his church from fragmenting into thousands of squabbling sects. (What a great administrator!)”

Some churches manage this, but not all, but I wouldn’t lay this at God’s feet. You know how testy we humans can be, and how inclined we are to dismiss God and His will, even persisting in denying Him outright, because He doesn’t show up the way we think He should. We humans can be quite obstinate and willful when we choose to be. But God ain’t mad. He knows just how self-righteous we all can be at times.

“- Do anything. (What a great, all-powerful deity!)”

You mean: cause the sun to rise and set; the earth to turn on its axis; or to maintain our delicate ecosystem; or to bring more souls into the world to experience Who and What they are in the world of relativity.

Look around you: You still wish Her to do more?

• 12. Phil Stilwell  |  November 1, 2009 at 2:37 am

Lightworker,

• 13. Quester  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:34 am

Seriously, Lightworker, do you have anything to back up anything that you’ve said?

God heals? Can you show one case study or medical record where someone has been healed who wasn’t treated medically?

God expresses Herself clearly? Popular and coherent are not the same thing. Neither are popular and useful, or popular and true. Now if the Bible described the germ theory of disease, it would have at least been useful- and spared people from unnecessary suffering too!

God ain’t mad? She’s just damning us for giggles?

• 14. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Phil Stilwell | November 1, 2009 at 2:37 am
    “Lightworker,

“Your unsubstantiated affirmations embroidered with the fluff of rhetoric is precisely why the younger generation of more skeptical minds is abandoning the vacuity of faith.”

These “skeptical minds” can do as they choose. I have no preference whether people believe or not. How about you: Do you have a vested interest in making me believe as you do?

I have debated atheists/agnostics before. And, as presidents have said over the years to those who have sacrificed much, “I thank you for your service.” You see, you, and others like you, are a “necessary good.” You have come to this world to help those who do believe sharpen the experience of Who and What they are. You’re the contrast that makes Light brighter, and the darkness darker.

“With claims of miracles made all around the world every day, why is it that those largely anecdotal claims dissipate as requests for documentation and the tools of science approach?”

Miracles do occur “all around the world every day,” just as you say. Some you ignore, because they’re part of your natural/physical world, others become the intimate reserve of those upon who the gift of miracle has been bestowed.

Yet, for those for whom no amount of proof is adequate, none will be found. You are the proof. Your world is the proof. Yet, you continue to dismiss it. Your scientists, whom you idolized, as they peer deeper into the miracle of life, see only a smattering of what’s actually there. And it will always be that way: They’re looking in all the wrong places for the origin of All That Is.

It’s not in the realm of the relative, but the realm of the absolute. What you’re seeing has a metaphysical origin, not a physical or natural origin, and only exists because of it.
    The ancient Greeks knew this, and were some of the first to state it.

I tell you this, because a part of you understands and accepts this basic truth about your origin. To that self I speak.

When you truly wish to have the proof for which you clamor, it will present itself. For now you’re content with challenging God, not cooperating with God, more intent on disproving God, than in proving Her existence.

And in this world, you get what you expect to get. If you expect much, you receive much. If you expect little, you receive little. You are a law unto yourself. I can’t change that, and God will not interfere with your freewill.

When you choose to re-member, you will remember. You will remember all that you have allowed yourself to forget for the holy purpose of advancing your soul, and assisting others who are similarly engaged.

Our collaboration is a divine one, one that we accepted willingly, but no one is stopping you, nor me, from awakening any time we choose.

For now, you choose to sleep. And that’s as it should be.

And to that part of you that hears me and understands me, I say this: You don’t have to sleep any longer. You may awaken now. Your grand task is finally over. Join the ranks of the believers, and the knowers.

• 15. Quester  |  November 1, 2009 at 1:31 pm

You have absolutely no idea what site you’re on, do you, LightWorker?

• 16. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 2:43 pm

“God talks to you? Ask her when my birthday is and post it here. How about my first name?”

You wish to reduce God to one who performs cheap parlor tricks? She is doing far more miraculous things than divining a birthday, or a name, and even this you ignore.

And He talks to you, as He talks with me. He talks with everyone, but only a few are really listening.

“Now if the Bible described the germ theory of disease, it would have at least been useful- and spared people from unnecessary suffering too!”

Years ago, I was given a cure for cancer, but because I’m not a doctor, nor in the medical field, that knowledge will die with me. There’s no reason for medical scientists to give me a hearing, just as there’s no reason for you to give me a hearing.

I was given the whereabouts of Saddam Hussein when he was in hiding in Iraq. I even notified the appropriate departments of our government. Do you think they took me seriously, any more seriously than you’re taking me at this moment? Well, you have the answer to that.

To know a thing is not the same as convincing another to accept your knowledge or your claim. It’s practically impossible. You’re proof of that: Nothing I’ve said here, or will say here, will you believe.

And that’s as it should be.

“God does enough? You have yet to mention something she’s needed for. Maybe next time you talk, you can ask Her to cure all disease. Or just stop all natural disasters? Stop aging from wearing down bodies? Something?”

Hears a news flash: That which you seek, has already been done. All diseases have a cure. “Natural disasters” you, I, and the rest of the world are creating collectively using a God attribute–our consciousness. We can end both diseases and natural disasters, but we choose not to. They spring up because of carelessness–how we use the creative tools of thoughts, words, and deeds.

As we sow on earth, so will it be done in Heaven. We are the cause and the effect of all that with which we say we don’t want. And the body: It was designed to last forever. And it would, but for all the beliefs with which it’s daily assaulted.

And what is God needed for? You’re alive aren’t you. That Life is God. You can think can’t you? That thought originated in God, Mind. You’re conscious and aware aren’t you? That consciousness and awareness is God. All That Is is God. We can’t do without Him, because we can’t do without ourselves.

But you know this already.

“God ain’t mad? She’s just damning us for giggles?”

Are you laughing? You’re the God who has damned. You’re the God who has condemned. You’re the God who are doing all these things, but you find some satisfaction in laying the blame some place other than yourself.

Here’s the irony: You will learn someday that all the things that you say you despise were in your hands all along. There’s no God outside of yourself. There’s no God but you.

But, for now, you can’t accept that. Nor will you accept my words, but will look to your world and find fault there, or to a God outside of yourself and accuse Her of being derelict.

You’re the one that’s derelict. You’re the one that has kept this knowledge from yourself. You’re the one who’s at fault, where you have chosen to level fault at another.

But, I find no fault in you. You are as you choose to be. And in that I have no preference.

One last thing: You have suggested, and others have stated, that my claims are “unsubstantiated.”

What about your claims: What part have you substantiated beyond cavil?

You see, now, how difficult it is to provide proof that will satisfy the most fastidious minds among us?

• 17. BigHouse  |  November 1, 2009 at 2:50 pm

So, I guess if Saddam Hussein contracts cancer, you can go heal him.

YIKES.

• 18. nptphotoguy  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:04 pm

• 19. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:22 pm

@Quester: “You have absolutely no idea what site you’re on, do you, LightWorker?”

Sure, I do. I’ve been in the belly of the beast, and it threw me up. It was atheists’ premier site, and they couldn’t wait to get rid of me. I don’t remember the URL, but Christopher Hitchens, and Richard Dawkins was lauded and worshiped there.

I have been to a site where the blogger was adept in the black arts, had great power, and sought to punish me for my arrogance. I’m a Light Worker. I’m the antithesis of all that he is. He would destroy me if he could. And he tried. But, happily, he can’t.

I know: This stuff is hard to believe. Google “psychic attack(s).” Our world struggles enough with the darkness to have some concentrate it for nefarious means.

I am the counterbalance to those forces. There are many light workers. Google lightworker and/or light worker.

Without us, darkness would consume the world, making the world that we presently enjoy more of a hell for many than it is already. In every age, Light Workers have incarnated to keep in check the darkness. We don’t seek, nor receive, praise, or recognition. What we do, we do for all. And we do it happily, joyfully, and with full knowledge of the existence of God. We’re more fully awake than others whose choice it is to sleep.

To be asleep is not bad. It has its purpose. That purpose has now ended. It’s my task also to awaken those who wish it. Many do, but many are content to sleep. For those who wish to re-member, they will hear my words, for I speak not to their human selfhood, but to the God that dwells within them.

But thanks for the heads up. Good looking out.

• 20. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:29 pm

@ nptphotoguy:

“LightWorker and AwesomeJesus are constant reminders of the delusional thinking that the human mind is capable of processing. I’m so happy that I finally used my evolved brain (or god “created in his image” brain, for those theists), to escape the lifelong religious indoctrination of christianity. These types of bloggers remind me of a past I would never return to and they help me solidify my de-convertion.”

And I’m happy for you. I can’t speak for AwesomeJesus (I don’t know him.) but I’m Glad to have assisted you in your “deconversion,” and to allow you to experience who you choose to be with more firmness, clarity, and depth.

You see: You’d do the same for me, and you do.

• 21. CheezChoc  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Often, cancer can be cured and sent into remission through regular medical means. But as far as I know, cancer never totally goes away. There are always markers in the body. That is why oncologists have to continue to monitor patients for the rest of their lives, at least from what I have seen in several friends and fam.
    I’m just saying.

• 22. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm

BigHouse | November 1, 2009 at 2:50 pm
    “So, I guess if Saddam Hussein contracts cancer, you can go heal him.

“YIKES.”

To heal him of cancer, I’d first have to resurrect him. He was hanged, don’t you know?

• 23. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 3:36 pm

@CheezChoc: “And if anyone really had the cure for cancer given to them (???), wouldn’t that person become the wealthiest and most famous person in the world?”

Perhaps. But I have no need of money, nor of fame. Just so you know, one scientist came really very close to figuring it out. He chose not to pursue the path he was taking, and, hence, never found the cure.

• 24. LeoPardus  |  November 1, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Lightworker = sort of a bad comedian and a far worse liar.

• 25. LeoPardus  |  November 1, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Oh and Lightworker (AJ): Isn’t lying a sin in your religion?

• 26. nptphotoguy  |  November 1, 2009 at 4:44 pm

#25
    LW=AJ
    I suspected the same thing.

• 27. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:29 pm

24. LeoPardus | November 1, 2009 at 4:21 pm
    Lightworker = sort of a bad comedian and a far worse liar.

Now, that’s not a very nice thing to say. I wouldn’t call you a liar. A comedian, perhaps, but not a liar. Whatever happened to gentility?

Now, I admit my claims are extraordinary, but I have no reason to lie. I’m not asking that you believe me. But know this: I never make stuff up.

Frankly, I hold back. I’m well aware that what I say here strains believability. For that reason I tread softly. There’s much going on here in your seemingly mundane world that would ‘shock and awe,’ were you privy to it.

There’s more to you than you know, and you have abilities that are nothing short of miraculous. You are a God living out your life within a world of perceived limitations, for the purpose of experiencing the God that you are.

Further, I have no need to convince you of the veracity of my remarks. They stand or fall on their own. I have no need to convert you: You’re perfect just as you are. I have no need to lambaste you, to call you names, or to besmirch your character or your beliefs, or lack there of. You are as you choose to be, and I honor that.

I am LightWorker. I don’t know your AJ, whoever he might be.

• 28. Joshua  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:30 pm

The incredible thing about cancer that I never really realized until after I had studied science quite a bit is this:

Cells that are more likely to reproduce and not die will outperform their peers.

Well duh! But think about it…

Cancer is simply cells that lose their ability to die and to regulate their reproduction, thus outperforming every cell around them. As their population increases, they turn into a malignant tumor.

Thus, cells must have a system whereby they die or else the host will die.

Now, this principle extends beyond an individual body and into the animal kingdom. A species that becomes “cancerous” (too good at surviving or reproducing) can destroy its eco-system by destroying its food source and thus potentially eliminating itself. Think of locust plagues, for example.

The kicker, for me, was the realization that death is necessary for life as it now exists to continue.

Now, every time a cell reproduces, you end up with a loss of genetic material (telemeres). This is necessary! If cells never eventually reached a point where they cause the host to die, a species would reproduce and rarely die, which would cause them to consume all of their resources and doom the species as a whole. Therefore, it is necessary that a cell have a system whereby after a certain number of reproduction cycles it can no longer reproduce itself in a healthy way.

So, here are our options:

Option 1) Cells never die or cells never lose ability to reproduce with 100% accuracy.

Result: species reproduces without limitations, dooming the species as a whole.

Option 2) Cells gain superiority over their peers.

Result: Malignancy or cancer. Host eventually dies as superior cells doom their peer organs.

Thus, cells must have weaknesses.

When I realized this, suddenly a world without death no longer made any sense at all. Unless there was never any reproduction. Death and reproduction are necessary counterparts of each other. If you have one, you need the other.

Quite frankly, I can’t figure out what the hell to make of this from a theistic point of view, because it means that death is actually our friend – not our enemy.

• 29. HeIsSailing  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Leopardus:

Oh and Lightworker (AJ): Isn’t lying a sin in your religion?

I dunno – I think they are different people. LightWorker is a far better writer than AwesomeJesus – IMO.

• 30. HeIsSailing  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Also, I think their theologies are different. AwesomeJesus seems a garden variety Pentacostal. LightWorker, I have a hunch, is more neo-Gnostic.

• 31. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 5:57 pm

HeIsSailing | November 1, 2009 at 5:37 pm: “LightWorker, I have a hunch, is more neo-Gnostic.”

I am an ‘embracer.’ I embrace all knowledge, all religions, all people, now living, have ever lived, or ever will live.

I am all of it. I am you. I am the man with no legs who begs near the gutter, the babe who cries for her mother’s milk, and the man old in days who has just drawn his last breath.

Sorry: No word or words can confine, or define, me.

• 32. HeIsSailing  |  November 1, 2009 at 6:05 pm

LightWorker | November 1, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Sorry – nothing “neo” about you. You are definitely old-school Gnostic. Can you tell me what secret knowledge must I possess to gain enlightenment and attain to the fulness of the Pleroma, as you most certainly have?

• 33. LeoPardus  |  November 1, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Right. LW is a better writer than AJ, and he is more “spacey”. Methinks you’re right. Not the same.

LW: I have encountered people who are sufficiently deluded so as to start believing the fantasies they make up in their own minds. John Nash would be a famous case of such a person. So if you’re not lying, i.e., if you actually think what you’ve written is true, you need psychiatric care.

• 34. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 7:12 pm

“if you actually think what you’ve written is true, you need psychiatric care.”

Stop with the insults, already. If you wish I should move on, I will. But you will miss out learning what few know–the accumulated knowledge garnered from a lifetime of experiences, experiences I have gathered from living straddled two worlds–this one, and the one just above this one.

There are many worlds. There are worlds upon worlds. This universe, as complex, and as wonderful at it is, doesn’t begin to tell the whole story. There are worlds within worlds, within worlds, ad infinitum.

Call me mad, if you choose, if that’s the only way you can process me. You place me in great company. All trailblazers have been called mad. Christopher Columbus was called mad.

Yet, you’re compelled to do so. You can’t allow yourself to believe me, to entertain the possibility that someone like me exists. I’m an anathema to all you believe. I’m what you spend your days and nights denying. I’m your worse nightmare, or your greatest dream.

For, I am you.

I am the grandeur that you are, which you must repudiate because it sounds to good to be true, or because it verges on madness, because it’s strange, and “spaced.”

If what I say is true, if I’m right about what I say, you’ll have to reorder your world, you’ll have to restructure your whole universe, and that can be both intimidating, and unsettling.

Here me: Your scientists revise their hypotheses, are even willing to discard a theory when it doesn’t correspond with a set of observations, a group of facts, or a phenomenon never before encountered.

Yet, you’re willing to dismiss me out of hand because I don’t fit your usual mold, because you haven’t experienced the world as I have experienced it.

You’re not free.

You cannot entertain the unthinkable. I can think it all: the possibility of God not existing as well as existing, and challenge my own knowingness, my own extraordinarily rich experiences in this world and many others.

• 35. LightWorker  |  November 1, 2009 at 7:24 pm

HeIsSailing | November 1, 2009 at 6:05 pm
    LightWorker | November 1, 2009 at 5:57 pm

“Can you tell me what secret knowledge must I possess to gain enlightenment and attain to the fulness of the Pleroma, as you most certainly have?”

Do you mock me? Or is this a test?

For those who truly wish enlightenment, no “secret knowledge” is required. You have all that you need. If you can say, think, feel, imagine, know, understand, be conscious us, be aware of, ‘I Am,’ then you have all that’s required to be enlightened. It’s only an ‘I Am’ away.

Say you’re enlightened, and so you are: “I Am enlightened.”

• 36. HeIsSailing  |  November 1, 2009 at 7:46 pm

LightWorker proclaims:

Whoa – reign it in there, buddy. Step off the pedestal, forget your delusional self-important grandeur, and stop trying to imagine that you transcend the Aeons. You are exaggerating you own enlightenment.

PS – it was a test. And a mock. It was neither and it was both. It was the Nothing, as it was the All. If you determine that it was merely a test, you are a mad. If you determine that it was merely a mock, you are incomplete. But if you truly reckon the meaning of this, and say it aloud, you will prove to be enlightened and you will be killed as a heretic.

• 37. LeoPardus  |  November 1, 2009 at 7:52 pm

If you wish I should move on, I will.

Really? It’s that simple? OK then. …… Move on.

If you do, you may very well be the first theist of any kind to actually keep his word around here.

• 38. CheezChoc  |  November 1, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Credibility: Shot.

• 39. HeIsSailing  |  November 1, 2009 at 8:06 pm

CheezChoc says:

<iIn post 16, LW claimed to have been given a cure for cancer, then said later that someone else had simply come very close to it.

Credibility: Shot.

Hey, not so fast there, CheezChoc. In the same comment, LightWorker also claims to have been given the location of Saddam Hussein before he was captured. Obviously, Saddam was the man with the cancer cure – maybe given him by his private pharmacist, Dr Germ. If only our goverment would have listened to LightWorker, they would have located him before they resorted to bombing is Tikrit home, and saved the world from its ills. But see, the government is not enlightened any more than the rest of us chattel are, and they ignored LightWorker’s clear message. And now look, we are all the worse off for it..!!

Who needs TV – this is great stuff.

• 40. BigHouse  |  November 1, 2009 at 10:22 pm

22. LightWorker | November 1, 2009 at 3:31 pm
    BigHouse | November 1, 2009 at 2:50 pm
    “So, I guess if Saddam Hussein contracts cancer, you can go heal him.

“YIKES.”

Is this so farfetched in the fantasyland you inhabit?

• 41. SnugglyBuffalo  |  November 3, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Once this started veering off into enlightenment, was anyone else thinking of the Ancients from Stargate SG-1?

I also love how LW implies we are unwilling to restructure our entire worldview, as if the very nature of this site didn’t imply we’d already done that once.

• 42. Quester  |  November 4, 2009 at 10:36 pm

#41- As I’d mentioned once above, he has no idea what site he’s on. One more passerby with nothing to say and too many words with which to say it.