Deconversion Videos

September 26, 2012 at 5:06 pm 7 comments

Been a looooonnnngggggg time. Found these and just wanted to put them up here for anyone to enjoy.

Actually wanted to link the home page of the guy who created the series but couldn’t. So here is the best video to start with. You can click on the YouTube icon near the bottom of the video and get to the rest of the vids in the series.

Entry filed under: LeoPardus. Tags: .

An Opinion on Atheism Plus The concept of God as a surrogate parent

• 1. evangelically incorrect  |  September 27, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I’ve watched all this guys videos. He does the best job I know of in terms of documenting the unraveling of his once strong and zealous faith. No hype, just fact after fact…. I love him!

• 2. HeIsSailing  |  October 6, 2012 at 10:31 am

LeoPardus, I am glad somebody is still writing stuff for this site. I hope it revives from being a spam magnet. We sure had some lively conversations here back a few years ago….

Anyway, a bit of self plugging. I am also writing my deconversion story. It is taking forever! And is now quite lengthy, and still not finished. If anybody is interested, Just click on my name.

• 3. LeoPardus  |  October 6, 2012 at 2:59 pm

HIS !! Man how you doing?! Long time. I haven’t posted here in years. Just had some thoughts and put them up. Noticed that there have been a few postings kept up here by folks. Glad of that.
    Will be looking at your blog with interest.

• 4. milehigh  |  October 8, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Leopardus, It’s great to see you here again and to see a some new posts! Many of you here were instrumental in my deconversion proces. It was and still is a very difficult time in my life, which I am still working through. I consider this site and the shared insights as some of the most freeing and valuable elements in my journey. I still don’t have my path figured out, but the process continues. I thought leaving the faith and defending my decision would be easy, but most of society and culture hold to the beliefs which I can no longer subscribe to. If you thought is was difficult to be a Christian in a secular world, try being and agnostic or atheist in the religious world of the USA!

• 5. milehigh  |  October 8, 2012 at 9:37 pm

‘it’ was (sp)

• 6. LeoPardus  |  October 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hey milehigh. Good to hear from you. I can’t recall, but your name would imply that you might be from Colorado. Are you by chance? That’s where I am.
    I too had a long process of adapting to life without religion. My family, blood, married, kids, are all religious so I was inundated by it. I’m divorced now so much freer of much of it. Still the country is ridiculously religious, but I ignore it and try to find the less religious.

• 7. Topix.com  |  September 8, 2014 at 1:21 am

Today,I went to the beach front with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” Shee put the shell to
    her ear and screamed. There was a hermkit crab inside and it
    pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is
    completely off topic but I had to tell someone!